Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

#PeriscopeTeachers - Scope it Out!


Hi, friends!

I've spent my day sharing and learning at my district's educational technology conference. I cannot wait to share with you my presentation, as well as fantastic ideas and resources that I learned from others. I will have to save all of that goodness for another time, though.

TODAY, I'm thrilled to share with you an upcoming #periscopeteachers opportunity! I was at dinner with my best gal Whitney from The Crazy Schoolteacher, and we were raving about Periscope! We are absolutely loving it. I have to be honest with you and tell you how refreshing it is to see real teachers with real lives: no makeup, messy houses, crazy hair and all!

We took advantage of both of us being in the same zip code and broadcasted our first Periscope together! We had a BLAST. Here's the obligatory selfie that followed:



Well, from our conversation stemmed a fabulous idea to host a Periscope challenge each week. We want teachers to share about the everyday essentials in their classrooms. Every Tuesday, we'll share the topic for the week, and we'll also broadcast about that topic. Then, we're asking YOU to broadcast about that topic, too! Fun, huh? Yes. The answer is YES, it's fun!

We're calling this challenge Scope it Out. Shoutout to Jenny from Luckeyfrog's Lilypad for helping us with a catchy name!


The first topic will start July 27. That means that if you haven't figured out Periscope yet, you have 12 days to play! I promise you won't be disappointed. To stay up-to-date with the fun, make sure you follow both Whitney and I on...

PERISCOPE  




& INSTAGRAM!

@missfancypantsteaching
@thecrazyschoolteacher



While you're playing on Periscope, check out Sheila Jane Teaching's fantastic Periscope link-up! She has a collection of phenomenal educators to check out on Periscope! 

That's all from me for now! I cannot wait to see all of your Periscopes each week!



No comments:

Post a Comment